CALLING ON ALL HEROES TO UNITE!
HEROES UNITE is a fundraising initiative from VaVa iYouth; the youth action team of The National Council of and for Persons with Disabilities (NCPD).
This year The Walt Disney Company Africa is teaming up with the NCPD under the Marvel brand with an awareness campaign about the challenges children and youth with disability face, and more importantly highlighing their strengths.
We hope to encourage young people to embrace diversity. We believe that young people are the future and can make a significant impact on the lives of others.
Marvel characters embody attributes such as heroism, relatability, courage, tenacity, and more. HEROES UNITE urges everyone, regardless of ability, to find their inner hero and share them with the world.
The funds raised through this initiative will help provide much-needed assistive devices, and access to education for children and young people throughout South Africa.
By purchasing our HEROES UNITE wristbands for R30 each: you, your staff, and your learners can show your support for children with disabilities and make a meaningful difference in their lives.
PARTICIPATING IS EASY
Simply buy a wristband online or fill out this manual order form and email, or fax it to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Ado Bakasa/Rokkie at the NCPD for more info: 011 452 2774.
Vava iYouth is ensures inclusion and equity for children and young persons with disabilities
Please note: minimum online order applies.
This Photography & Video competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
- This competition is run by The National Council of and for Persons with Disabilities (NPO-923) (Hereafter referred to as ‘The NCPD’) whose registered office is at 82 Andries Pretorius Road, Edenvale.
- The prizes are sponsored by Disney.
- The competition is open to all residents of South Africa. Multiple entries are allowed.
- A Heroes Unite Wristband donation and visibility in the Photograph allows entry to this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be 30 September 2023. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received or seen online for whatever reason.
- Route to entry for the competition: Enter are via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Linkedin posts by tagging any of the NCPD Social Media Pages or using the hashtags #HeroesUnite #vavaiyouth
- All photos must be posted within the year 2023.
Rules of the competition
- The NCPD shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is under 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to The NCPD’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- The NCPD reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to The NCPD disqualifying that person, without The NCPD being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Employees of The NCPD and Disney Africa, their relatives or any agents or employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is a #HeroesUnite Hamper and framed Certificate of recognition. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferable.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn within 8 months of the closing date. The winner will only ever be contacted by The NCPD. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize will be delivered. It will be delivered via courier to one address.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entrants and winners agree to the use of their name/social media handle and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Winners will be announced via our website and social media channels. Alternatively, the winner’s name will be available 8 months after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Competition closing date is the 20th June 2023 for Best-dressed Class, and the 31st July 2023 for the other prize categories.
The NCPD/Casual Day shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
The NCPD/Casual Day reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Queries can be directed to Ado Bakasa: Coordinator Youth Affairs | +27 72 268 3483 | firstname.lastname@example.org